Currently 65 research projects of PARB are ongoing at different research institutes all over the Punjab. Many of these projects are in research collaboration of more than one research institute. The main objectives of these projects are:
- To enhance sustainable productivity.
- To improve the yield/production.
- To ensure food security.
- To promote high yield & disease resistant varieties.
- To develop superior breed of animals.
- To increase milk production.
- To develop the vaccines.
- Nutrition enhancement of crops, fruits, vegetables and their products.
- Crop diversification in changed climate conditions.
- Management of insects by integrated strategies and development of insects resistant germplasm
200 project are in the pipeline phase.
Over the years, the dedicated and hard working team of the Department has been able to complete total 125 PARB research projects.